Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Researching National Parks

So I have been researching National Parks, Monuments and Historical sites in areas that I could drive to! Here is my list in Washington so far:

Tristan, Audrey and Teddy at Mt. St. Helens in Feb. 2009
  • Ebey’s Landing National Historical Reserve in Coupeville
  • Fort Vancouver National Historic Site in Vancouver
  • Klondike Gold Rush in Seattle
  • Lake Chelan National Recreation Area in Stehekin
  • Lake Roosevelt National Recreation Area near the Columbia River
  • Lewis & Clark National Historic Trail
  • Lewis & Clark National Historical Park in Long Beach
  • Mount Rainier National Park
  • Nez Perce National Historical Park
  • North Cascades National Park in Marblemount
  • Olympic National Park in Port Angeles
  • Ross Lake National Recreation Area in Newhalem
  • San Juan Island National Park in Friday Harbor
  • Whitman Mission National Historic Site in Walla Walla
  • Mt. St. Helens National Volcanic Monument

Some of these I have been to and some I have taken my kiddos to! This is a really important thing for me. There are reasons for each of these National Parks and I want to share them with my kids.  At some point I would like to make a list of the parks and cross them out as we go to them...like this Mount Rainier National Park.  So lets see how many we can visit! :)

3 comments:

  1. Hey, there are three within spitting distance of my house -- check out Teddy Roosevelt National Park, Fort Union Trading Post, and Fort Buford. If you are collecting stamps in a passport, there are also two other places near here when you can stamp your book -- the Painted Hills and the South Unit of Teddy Roosevelt National Park

    And I know where you could stay when you go to see them! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, plus I only live about 8 hours or so from Mount Rushmore, which is always fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you know I might have to take you up on that! LOL

    I really want to see Rushmore!!

    ReplyDelete